Thursday, January 12, 2006

Wanna get Hitched...

There is a tremendous amount of pressure on me, right now...
First it was just mommy dearest...and now Dad too !!! Then the Aunts ( all of them well meaning, btw ) joined the milieu, and now the entire clan ( siblings, cousins, sisters-in-law, nephews and nieces included) is after my life...their sole motive in life now appears to be to see me cross the "happily ever after" threshold.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm ALL for it. I'm NOT a part of the anti-marriage brigade...far from it actually.

From the time I can remember, I've wanted to share my life with somebody
~ build memories together
~ nurture a home
~ reach the comfort-zone of being myself
~ have the liberty of taking her for granted
~ the whole ruuthna-manaana rigmarole
~ watch our children grow up as we sit side-by-side, swinging our days away
~ share my joys, sorrows, achievements, thoughts, opinions, jokes
~ cook that sunday morning breakfast and serve it to her in bed
~ relish our differences and delight in the variety she brings to my environment
~ grow with her, and grow old with her

Isn't this what everybody wants ?
But somewhere between the cup and the lip is the proverbial slip.
Just can't seem to find the one who would take the rest of me, which compulsorily comes along with my rather lofty aspirations listed above.

Impossible to decide in a meeting spanning 30 min.
Work place not conducive to such forays.
Wives of all the friends not helping any.
Friends not able to generate any leads.
Family still to come to terms with my "progressive" mindset.

And THE ONE has hidden herself so well, without a clue whatsoever; that when I finally do meet her, I think that first and foremost, I'll give her a piece of my mind, for having been so elusive !!!
Woh kahin unn baadalon ke peeche chip ke baithi hai.
Pataa nahin kab yeh baadal hatenge, aur uska chehra dikhega ?

1 comment:

Saumya said...

Bhai saahib!!! AMAZING BLOG!
And yeah. I love you! (More on this when we talk!) :)
I never knew I got my charm, my romanticism from this route in the family ;)
Yayyy!!!
I am so so so happy today! Keep 'em coming! I wanna see more of you on these pages!!!